1950 Ford Mercury Eight

Mercury was its own division at Ford until 1945 when it was combined with Lincoln into the Lincoln-Mercury Division, with Ford hoping the brand would be known as a “junior Lincoln,” rather than an upmarket Ford. In 1949, Mercury introduced the first of its “new look” integrated bodies, at the same time that Ford and Lincoln also changed styling radically. Again in 1952, Mercury offered a further modernization in its look.